<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Saturday, September 29, 2012
29/09/2012

"Don't ever let yourself become jealous of what someone else has." - Joyce Meyer

I found myself being envious of others countless of times this week. Things people say, like "she is really good in that", "she is the best"... somehow with this kind of phrases, my mind is always prone to thinking "oh, yea she is good (and I'm honest about that) but you are implying that I am not good enough". Makes me sad. Why do I even care about what others think? Maybe they don't think of me the way I think they do. Maybe I am just too sensitive. Isn't what God think of me enough? Just last week I posted on Fb:

创世记 1:31 神看着一切所造的都甚好.
神所造的一切都好 --> 神造我 --> 他看这所造的我甚好,在他的眼里我很美丽,这样就够了. 感恩 :)

Translation:
Genesis 1:31 Then God looked over all He had made, and saw that it was very good!
Everything God created is good --> God created me --> He looked at me, whom he created, and saw that it is very good, in His eyes I am beautiful -- knowing this is enough. Grateful :)

I should really remind myself daily that God loves me and He thinks I am very good! ;) I may not be as good as others, I may not be the best, but I am a child of the most high God. I am a royalty. 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light. 



Putting the above aside, sigh, I am very sad. Was having dinner with my colleague and her family just now.. towards the end they decided to burn candles and "worship" I don't know what, because they think the "fengshui" of their house is not good. Of course I quickly dismissed myself and went home. My heart is saddened. Sigh, what else can I do but pray.


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com