<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Wednesday, July 21, 2010
From the heart

*Edited font.. ah, looks better now :)*

So I was fiddling around with blogger's "edit posts" and ended up at the "labels" section on the side left. Gosh, I didn't know I had so many different labels for so many posts. The most number of posts with the same label amounted to 9 posts, and the label is "life". Anyway, that's not my point. My point is, I clicked into a few "nice sounding" labels to see if there were anything interesting to re-read based on the title of the particular post with the particular label. I actually found a few that I like. I would've Ctrl C-ed & Ctrl V-ed them here if they weren't too long... and herm, I actually closed the tab straight after reading so I don't quite remember where to look for them again.. hehe but, I did keep one opened from the beginning. It's not too long, and I like it a lot because it is inspiration. It is Darlene Zschech's. It is from Extravagant Worship.

Understand that you cannot be led by "feelings", as often we may "feel" the service was FLAT, etc., but the Holy Spirit is moving in the people's hearts and lives. Lead from a position of FAITH, an unswerving commitment to the unseen.

This plays an important part as a reminder to me every now and then as a worship leader in the Chinese Church. Sometimes I do tend to go by my own feelings.. more than often when I feel that the worship is flat, I'd shorten the session or just continue on with a flat emotion, thinking "this is crap" and "I can't wait for this to be over"... seldom taking into consideration that the HS may be moving in the people's hearts at that very moment. I gotta keep learning to lead in faith. I need to be reminded again and again that worship is not about the music, not about the vocals. It is not about me, not about how well the worship went.. but about the greater One who is so worthy of our praise and worship. It is laying everything down at His feet, giving our all in praise and worship, reaching out for Him, trusting Him, drawing closer to Him, believing in His love, letting the songs that come out from our mouth be a sweet fragrance to Him. Living a life of worship also means living a life of thankfulness, a life that will glorify His name in every little thing that we do or say.

Let me be an extravagant worshiper.

Labels:



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com