<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Tuesday, June 8, 2010
The power of song.

Depressing songs can be addictive. The tune of the melody, the awesome piano sensation, the lovely voice and all just somehow always manage to catch the heart of its victim. Well, most of the time. And even though the victim knows about this captivity, sometimes she just chooses to do nothing about it. She chooses to indulge deeper instead of breaking free. Because the feeling of being in captive is sometimes better, sweeter. Owh come onnn, it's just a harmless song!... Ever thought of it being insidious?

A total opposite is an uplifting song. Uplifting songs can be addictive, too. Motivational songs, inspirational songs. Songs that encourage. Touching songs aren't too bad either. Christian songs? They can never be depressing, can they?

And so, I finally conclude and agree that the kind of music I listen to influences my overall mood. Even if the lyrics of the particular song described me perfectly/kinda perfectly/not perfectly. Not like I've never realised this before, just that I haven't been putting much thought into it. Or I just didn't care. Anyway. For the past two days, I've been listening to some really awesome-kinda-depressing-songs. Love the music. And I google searched lyrics. And tried to learn those songs. Kinda succeeded. 90%. I didn't realise what I've been feeling inside until today. Til when I turned on my player. When Consuming Fire played. When One Desire played. Through It All. Magnificent. I Adore.

It was a very big contrast, I must say. It's like a big skip from the valleys to the mountains. I actually felt loved and inspired... to want to know Him more. To desire a life that glorifies and shines His name. To live life with the right attitude. I'm not saying that after this post today I will be spotless, without blemish. Because I am a sinner and I am not perfect. But one thing I know, is that Jesus' blood covered my sin, my imperfections. And I am thankful. :)

Labels:



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com