<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Sunday, December 13, 2009
Ready to catch you.

When he noticed the strong wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!" Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"
Matt 14:30-31

I remember one of the old time favourite story told by a number of speakers in church, involving a father and a son. So one day, the father brought the son to the playground. The son wanted to play monkey bars and asked his father to catch him if he falls. His father assured him that he will always be below him, ready to catch him if he falls. So the son started swinging on the money bars. When he reached the middle, he realised that he couldn't make it to the end of the bars. Afraid that he would fall and hurt himself, he hanged on to the bars with all his strength. Seeing this, his father said, "Son, you can let go, I will catch you." But the son was still afraid and refused to let go. Slowly, his energy wears off and he no longer could hold on to the bars. Just as he let go of the bars, prepared to fall, his father caught him and carried him in his arms. "I told you that I would always be there to catch you", said the father. Tadaa! Happy ending. lol that's pretty much what I remember. So, the moral of the story is: Have faith in God - He is always there to catch you.

I am still learning... the art of trusting :)

"You can do it, my daughter," he tells you as he reaches his hand toward you. "I will stay near," he says as he walks alongside. "Together we'll walk on the crest of the waves."

I'm not saying that I have this all together,
that I have it made.
But I am well on my way,
reaching out for Christ,
who has so wondrously reached out for me.
Philippians 3:12 (msg)

Labels:



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com