<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Monday, August 3, 2009
Ethics

For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. - 1 Timothy 6:10

So true. I've been reading ethics lately. Love of money led to many corporate collapses. Enron, HIH, ABC learning etc. Unethical accountants & auditors. Arthur Andersen began losing its way in maintaining audit functions and accounting standards when earning profits became their primary goal. Greed. sigh. I watched a video about the fall of Enron and its auditor-Andersen last year in audit class. My heart hurts to see people fall when they've come such a long way in their businesses/lives. People looked up to them for their intergrity. Glamour. If only they maintained their role as an independent auditor, it would be Big 5 instead of Big 4 now. If only money was not the main purpose in life. I pity them. I pity their employees, who lost their jobs because of their fall. I pity that now, everything is.. history. I can imagine previous employees telling stories about times when they worked in those well-know company, which collapsed, to the younger generations. Like, you know, once upon a time, I worked at blah blah, it was then so blah blah blah, then this happened, then blah blah. Please excuse the "blahs". heh.

Anyway, everything's the past now. All we can do, is learn from our mistakes. Pick up the pace, and be more ethical. Have some ethical courage to stand for your own integrity. Make accounting profession a more credible profession. Go go go, future accountant!



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com