<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Thursday, July 9, 2009
Bring me...

... down memory lane [Part 1]

Sis & I were tidying our cupboard to take out clothes that we no longer wear/couldn't wear anymore/just don't want to wear. In the process, we discovered this vest (picture below).
emm.. Hosanna brigade (age 11 - 12) vest. That was after Boy's brigade (if not mistaken, age 8 - 10). As in, previously named Boy's brigade & subsequently replaced by Hosanna brigade. It's like sunday school, but for older kids. I think children below the age of 8 are in sunday school.

Gosh, I so so so missed those times! Although sometimes the adults in charge are strict, but we know that they are doing it for our own good. They are partly why we are who we are today. Disciplined, i guessed? I remember all the roll calls, camps, punishments, games, & of course bible learning times. I remember sir James asking us to name the 12 disciples. I remember us "hantam-ing" (as in guessing/shooting the answer). We were like, "Peter! James! John! Matthew! Mark! Luke!" Lol..

I know I've been naughty too. & was punished too. oh but that was rare. i think. haha ><
I remember my 1st camp was when I was 8. I wanted to go because sis went. & because sis made it seemed like so much fun. The mornings & afternoons were great. but when night came, I felt really homesick (although to go home, it would only take 10 mins? by car). I remembered crying a lot & I kept wanting to go home. They wouldn't allow me to ): But haha that's okk. I enjoyed myself in the end anyway (: We built tents & slept in sleeping bags. When it rained, most of the tents flooded & we had to move everything into the hall (including sleeping). I love it because there are aircons in the hall :p

Me! I still can wear it! Ok.. maybe it's a bit too short for me now xD

Labels:



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com