<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Wednesday, April 1, 2009
A letter to my future husband

Tyi & I were browsing through the Baby names book last Sunday, looking up meanings of names & I came across a name that I like. Quite a lot. The name is Jayden (: It means "God has heard". Also, "one who is thankful to God". Jayden sounds nice & I like the meaning. And it's unisex. But I think it's more like a boy's name. Wouldn't you like your our son to always be thankful to God? And the word "God has heard", i think, is quite powerful. or should I say, assuring? God has heard. Maybe next time when my son goes through a tough situation, and by relying on God, he's able to overcome it, then I'll be able to tell him, "Son, God has heard". Amen. Lol ok, maybe I should stop the nonsense. But can we name him Jayden though? If we have a son? :D

*What's written from here onwards are not related to title

Anyway, it's April Fool today. I wanted to change my relationship status on fb to "in a relationship" just for the fun of it. Cuz you know, when people see it, they'll go like "really??!! Since when? who's the lucky guy? congrates!" etc etc. And I'll be just sitting there, reading all the comments, and at the end of the day, post an "APRIL FOOL" comment and change my status back to "single". For the laughs. But I thought twice. actually, more than twice before making the decision. of not changing my status on fb just to trick people. Because one of my close friend is having some problem in her relationship and I don't want the sudden supposed-to-be-happy news make her feel worse. Cuz if I'm her, I would.

On another note, I would like to thank God for keeping me single all this while. I think He has been protecting me from all the unnecessary hurts that I would've faced if I were to step into a relationship much earlier. Like much earlier. because I would've been very very immature [i don't mean to say that I'm mature now though & not to say that I will never be hurt in the future. Just that, the hurt might be a different kind of hurt -- a better kind? I hope]. I would've done things the way I want it, not caring about the consequences after that and regret later on. Anyway. Here's what I read from the book "I kissed dating goodbye" -->

While it is true we can learn worthwhile lessons from dating relationships, we need to make sure those relationships don't bog us down. Wasting too much time trying each other out as boyfriend and girlfriend can actually distract two people from the more important task of preparing to be good spouses.
God has a perfect plan for your life. More than likely, that plan includes marriage, and if so, somewhere in this world God has the perfect person for you. You may or may not know this person right now. If you spend all your time and energy trying to hunt this person down or (if you already found this person) trying to contain him or her until you can marry, you might actually do that person a disservice. .... .... What a person really needs is someone mature enough to spend the season before marriage preparing to be a godly wife or husband.

So yes. I'm going to do my future spouse a favour. And I hope he's doing it for me too. (:

Ok. Enough for the day (:


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com