<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Sunday, March 15, 2009
My side of the story

Yesterday after worship practice, we [Simon, Kenric, Phoebe Wong & myself] went to the city for lunch and after that pool @ rmit. Marianne came to join us when we were almost done pool-ing. Then, we wanted to leave rmit & someone suggested that we take the shortcut - Fire emergency exit door. Oh yes, who wouldn't like shortcuts? Little did we know that once we stepped out of the door into the stairway, we couldn't get back in. Or even get out of the building [ie. we were stuck in the stairway]. And mind you, it was a Saturday. There were only a few souls in the cafe at rmit so no matter how hard we knocked on the door, no one heard us. Kenric, Simon & Marianne started calling their friends for help. We were stuck in there for a whole 20 minutes, banging on the door & shouting our hearts out just in case people pass by and hear us. They probably heard us but think that.. you know.. maybe they're hearing "something".. Lol.. so much drama but in the end, we managed to get out thanks to Marianne & Simon's friends.

Now, just let your imagination run for awhile. What if we didn't have our phones with us? or coincidently our phone ran out of battery? Obviously no one could hear/didn't want to hear/pretended not to hear us from outside. We had no food with us. My bottle of water wouldn't last us long enough if we were stuck for.. say, maybe days? What will happen? Deng deng deng!

Anyway, I was reminded of the study we're doing currently - One Month To Live. Actually, I don't know what to say here. Just that, life is unpredictable. Things happen anytime. Life on earth is finite. So from now on, show your love & appreciation to your love ones, forgive people, ask for forgiveness, do things that you have passion for, live your life to the fullest.. so that when you leave this place and look back, there'll be no regrets.

--------------------------------------------

Sis and I went for dinner with cousin Hoong just now. He just came over for 2nd year uni at Monash few weeks ago. Glad to see that he's adapting to life over here, being active in uni and all.. I didn't know I cared for him this much to want to know how he's doing here without his family. I'm happy that we were able to meet up and spend some time together. He's such a dear brother (: Oh guess what. He went to subscribe for 3 mobile and was given a printer as a gift. Like, wha--? I'm jealous >< . Maybe he's handsome. Lol I'll bring him along next time when my contract expires :p


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com