<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4541790368794357625?origin\x3dhttp://samanthawoon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
`` Ice collects around the edges of our hearts. Tears happen when a little bit of that ice melts. - karen kingsbury

TheDailyChallenge

Start Date: 11/05/10
Join me @ ღThree Hundred Sixty Fiveღ

Encouragements

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger - James 1:19 -

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you - Heb 13:5 -

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own - Matt 6:34 -

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses - 2 Cor 12:9 -

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13 -


Spill it all out, I will listen


Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Hillsong conference part II

08/07/08:-
Woke up at 5:45am in order to [take shower & eat breakfast + make sandwich lunch] be at city central by 7:30am. Because it was our 1st morning, we took the wrong train [refer to my sis's blog for more info] & ended up a little late to the morning session.

While waiting for the next train to Olympic Park [Like what SarahW said in fb: everyone's in their own world haha]. It was so so so cold that morning.

JemG laughing [to himself]. I have no idea why xD

We arrived! like finally, & I was so amazed at how big the place is. I'm even more stunned by how packed it was[though it was expected].

From top to bottom, front to back, left to right. The place was filled with people. just people. to worship, to praise, to draw closer, to learn more, to seek, to expect something great, everything!

I went to the Vocalists workshop with sis, Eleven, Jane & Ida. by Leeland & his brother Jack. what we basically did was, sit there & listen to Leeland & Jack share their experiences of communicating the message through song + a little bit of their background. then we had a short singing/worship session. It was awesome!

Ida & I then headed back to the Acer Arena while the others went to the next elective workshop. We had chips [it was a little too salty] + m&m while waiting for the 4:30pm session.

Ida looked so sleepy! haha

The speaker for that session was Paul de Jong. Lol he was funny ok. The topic was about "having Godly Confidence". He mentioned about his skinny legs & how this affected his confidence and how God restored his confidence [correct me if I'm wrong].
Some snips from the notes I took down:
- Hebrews 10:31-35
- you are born with confidence
- in everything you do, do not cast away your confidence [Isaiah 40:31]
- we either master our experiences or they master us
- confidence is about realising that we can do all things in Christ who strengthens us
- you are self-sufficient in Christ

You are fearfully & wonderfully made!

Be right back...


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com